Re: [BKARTS] Narrative book art

Paula Curran wrote:
Interesting question, however, I am unclear what you mean by narrative book art. Are you referring to books with a visual narrative? Books with language as the vehicle for the narrative?
I mean narrative in the sense of telling a story, primarily through text, often assisted by images. Non-text picture books could possibly fall under this definition if the images told a coherent story, not implied but explicit. Collaborations could fit, too, I suppose, but for the moment I am mainly interested in works of a sole author/artist who produces the object itself in all its principal details, as opposed to handing the materials of the book over to an editor for packaging.

--
JULES SIEGEL Apdo. 1764, 77501-Cancun, Q. Roo, Mexico
http://www.cafecancun.com/bookarts

http://www.newsroom-l.net/