Re: [BKARTS] paper-backed bookcloth DIY?

Is there a reason, other than the glue bleeding through, for backing cloth with paper?  I have had good success laying a thin, even layer of glue to the board and then when the glue turns transparent, attaching the board directly to the cloth.  But if the paper adds a meaningful amount of strength to the cover, I guess I will have to stop doing this and start backing my cloth with paper.

Robert Simola, Ph.D.
Chaucer collector, craftsman, gardener, grape grower
. . . and retired teacher

<http://rsimola.blogspot.com/>