Re: [BKARTS] longevity of laser vs. inkjet printing

Toby, for more information about permanence ratings of just about every
inkjet printer out there, you can visit Wilhelm Imaging Research at
http://www.wilhelm-research.com/index.html.

From what I understand, Epson inkjet printers, with their pigment-based inks
called Durabrite Inks, perform better in longevity tests than any of the
dye-based inkjet inks.  Epson also has two new kinds of inks out now, their
Claria Inks and UltraChrome inks, and it might be worthwhile to look into
their specs on this site.  It seems, too, that Kodak has new pigment-based
inks for a new line of inkjet printers, that WIR rated very favorably.

I can't find much about laser color printers at this site, but this is the
place that will tell you how well your inkjet printer does in longevity
tests.

Kristina
------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:51:53 -0700
From:    Toby Millman <tobymillman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: longevity of laser vs. inkjet printing

Hello

I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the longevity of inkjet
printing or laser printing? I am printing a letterpress book with a
small folio sewed into the back and am thinking of laser or inket
printing it instead of letterpress because it's too much type to set
and I'm afraid the fonts are so small that I will lose serifs in the
polymer plate making process since I've had a lot of trouble with
that in the past.

Thanks,
Toby