[BKARTS] Backing up fabric

I am doing hand marbled silks for a client who is to make very large boxes for 17 photo portfolios. This fabric must be backed to make assembly sensible. I am not doing this but must recommend what is to be done. I have backed fabric by coating paper with PVA, drying that, then dampening silk, rolling it in a towel to remove excess water, and then smoothing it on the PVA paper, and ironing it to release moisture and set the bond. I also have used "Stitch Witchery" fusible webbing to make such a bond to paper.

This project involves large pieces, 35 x 42" and needs a lightweight paper or non-woven poly fabric or similar material. I have seen bonded book cloth with what looks like a non woven backing. What can I use that is light but which will resist the PVA when the project is glued up?

Peggy Skycraft
26395 S. Morgan Rd.
Estacada, OR 97023

503.630.7173