Re: [BKARTS] Backing up fabric

Hi Jack,
I have had the same experience but when I worked at Sheridan College in the Audio Visual department using a sealmount press a lot we determined that it usually happened because the operator used the temperature dial instead of waiting for the press to cycle off, indicating it had reached the proper temp. The small dial thermometers were just an indication of the heat at the spot the thermometer was mounted whereas the machined cycling off usually meant the whole press had had time to spread the heat. The sealmount press we used was very large (about 24 X36 inches) however so it took almost an hour to come up to temp properly.
Dave

840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
(250)888-9380    http://www.Bookbinder.ca

Jack C. Thompson wrote:
Dry mount presses have hot spots, as I've discovered
in the process of unmounting valuable photographs.

So, do a few sample runs to test any dry mount press.

Jack

-snip-

    Try using a photographers dry mount press for an
even heat with preasure.

Has anyone here tried dry mount tissue for related
chores?

Cheers, Eli

Thompson Conservation Lab. 7549 N. Fenwick Portland, OR 97217 U.S.A.

503/735-3942

http://www.teleport.com/~tcl

Chaucer  _Parlement of Foules_  1386