Re: [BKARTS] Brass Die

Bill,
Good question.
The shallow bevel of acid-etched dies seems inferior to the sharper walls of cut brass, which wouldn't matter much on cloth but bothers me on softer leather and deep impressions. Maybe I'm being too persnickety. Any thoughts on this?

Bob Roberts
The Gilded Leaf
www.gildedleafbindery.com

-- William Minter <wminter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bob,
Are you sure that you need brass? --- brass is very expensive. It is
my understanding that the current magnesium dies that are made can
stand up to hundreds, if not at least a thousand stamping impressions
--- although I have never needed that many impressions.
Bill Minter

On Nov 5, 2008, at 10:04 AM, Wiering Books wrote:

> Highly recommended:
>
> http://www.owossographic.com/
>
> Vernon Wiering
> On Nov 5, 2008, at 9:26 AM, roroberts@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Hi, All.
>> Can anyone recommend an engraver of brass stamping dies here in
>> the states? I need a quick turnaround on some artwork.
>>
>> Bob Roberts
>> The Gilded Leaf

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695