Re: [BKARTS] Brass Die

I have found the mag dies of Owosso Graphic Arts satisfactory for embossing in leather. I think you can request a deep cut as well, and I have done this with good results. But even without this the walls are steep enough for me. I also use copper dies for designs I will re-use, which eliminates the need for caring for the magnesium, which is vulnerable to oxidation and pitting. Here is a pic of a 1/4" and a 3/8" die:
http://wieringbooks.com/temp/mag.jpg
Hope that helps,
Vernon Wiering