Re: [BKARTS] Brass Die

Bob,
I understand your concern about the bevel but I wonder if there is that great a difference to justify the added cost.
But first, I wonder if you have previously ordered a standard(?) "letterpress die", or a "deep etch die"? Every time I order a die I always ask for --- I forget the measurement, I think it is 16 pt.? --- 16 pt. deep etch die to be used for hot stamping.
As to the bevel, I would be very interested in hearing what others have experienced. Also, maybe a good side-by-side comparison is needed to determine what is needed for our work --- assuming that we are only stamping one or two covers. I am even thinking that a simple line could be made in both a mag die and a brass die, that both could be mounted on the same block and then stamped at the same time.
Another consideration for the best stamping would be to use glair and gold leaf, instead of gold foil, for hot stamping on the leather.
Another interesting discussion. Hope others have some more comments.
Bill Minter