Re: [BKARTS] Kutrimmer

I also have had the 1071 table top Kutrimmer for several years with no trouble whatsoever. I removed the safety panel almost right away, because it "was in the way". Always being aware that the blade "could" fall, I never place any part of ME under it without the handle resting on my shoulder. Just bumping the blade edge with a finger or a knuckle is enough to pop the skin. (Bleed on the floor!) I shudder to think of what could happen...

The hand clamp works, but not perfectly, so I always use the sliding gauge, when cutting board. I use .6 or .64 board all the time, preferring to laminate with ledger-weight card or bristol or with binders board, whenever I need a thicker piece. I can get as close to a perfect square with mine as needed. "Good enough for govmint work".

And the trimmer has handled paper very well. However, I never cut more than a few sheets together at one time, preferring to guillotine larger quantities.

When my blade seems to pass less easily, I use a block of beeswax across it, once each side.

Carol
Eugene, OR
======