-----Original Message-----
From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Peter Verheyen

Thank you... You're not far off on the graphite edge. See
<http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byform/mailing-lists/bookarts/2001/02/msg002
65.html> for more details. I got my graphite powder from Bookmakers ages
ago. TALAS sells it too. Important thing is to get the finest grade you can.
I burnish with an agate, but can also be done effectively without. Just not
as shiny.

Peter

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC