[BKARTS] Fish Leather Spines

Hi Roberta!,
When I was in Iceland as a resident artist in 2007 I bought fish leather and used it for book spines. Depending on the type of fish, the skins are very strong. The Icelanders use the skins for belts, wallets, and other items of clothing. They were quite expensive, but thin, supple and beautiful to work with. You can see what I made with them if you go to my website and follow the link : Iceland: Books 2007, or go directly to look at: Heimdall's Horn, Plontu Handbokin, Snorri's Pool and Mind and Memory.
http://web.mac.com/nettles3/Icelandic_Residency%3A_Books/Snorris_Pool.html

Bea Nettles

http://www.beanettles.com/