Re: [BKARTS] Peter Verheyen's books - Graphite Edges

To answer your questions the sizing used is paste (no cross-linking there)
that helps the graphite bond to the edge and itself. That said, if I were to
rub over the top with my finger or a rag I might pick something up, but at
the end of the day it comes down to an assumption that the book will be
handled with care. The burnishing does set it down more, but is really there
to polish the edge so it "shines like a monkey's bum" as my Meister used to
say.

The agate is set in handle, the tools sold as burnishers. It is highly
polished and perfectly smooth. Any defects, or even crud on it will cause
scratches in the edge. Same tool as used for gilt edges.

In terms of trying, use an old book, or pad of paper and follow the
instructions. They're really nice.

Hope this helps.

p.
Peter D. Verheyen