[BKARTS] Copyright Question

I was wondering what the legality of buying current hardback copies of books such as Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter books, stripping them down to the text block, then custom binding them for resale would be. I would be buying copies from local resale shops.

Does anyone know if this would be an infringement of copyrights? The book has been bought and paid for, so the author / copyright holder has gotten their royalties, and all I would be passing off as my own work would be the binding, not the actually stories.

Anyone have any info on something like this?

Charles LaFountain

Northmanni effugiturus tenus sive occultus.
(roughly: Normality escapes to conjur the hidden)
http://www.midnightgraphix.com