Re: [BKARTS] Copyright Question

"the copyright protection extends to "reproduction by any means, creation of derivative works, display or distribution without explicit consent of the artist/creator" of the image."Creator, not owner? This reminds me of what has long puzzled me: how can a museum claim copyright of a centuries-old work of art? Do they only claim copyright of an "image" of the work that, say, they hired a photographer to produce? -- Stephen