[BKARTS] Society of Bookbinders International Competition 2009

Dear Binder,

We are delighted to inform you that following the success of the 2007 Society of Bookbinders International Competition, entries are invited for the next competition, which will coincide with the Society’s Conference at Warwick University during the summer of 2009. If you yourself are not interested in the contents of this email, please feel free to forward it to someone you feel might be.

We have made some changes to the competition this year. There is no longer a registration fee, which we know caused many people without sterling bank accounts problems. Another change is that the Restoration and Conserved binding category has been altered to include Period bindings.

Details of how to enter can be found at the following link
_http://www.societyofbookbinders.com/events/events_frames.html_
(http://www.societyofbookbinders.com/events/events_frames.html) where a registration form can be downloaded. Please feel free to attach your registration form to an email and send it to _StuBrockman@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:StuBrockman@xxxxxxx)

There are many reasons to enter the SoB International Competition - here are just some:
Prestigious event with worldwide entries
No set book - bind what you like!
4 categories to chose from
Large prize fund
2 top prizes of £1000 each
Wherever possible, all bindings are exhibited at conference and then the winning bindings participate in a travelling exhibition around the UK.

We are pleased to let you know that due to the generosity of the following companies and individuals the prize fund is currently between £5000 and £6000.
Gwasg Gregynog Press Dominic Winter Auctioneers J. Hewit & Sons Ltd. Conservation by Design
Russells

P & S Engraving Fine Cut International Ltd. Harmatan Ltd. Foto Store/Heritage albums FiberMark Red Bridge International Ltd. Habberley Meadows Talas John Purcell Papers
JVO Papers
William Cowley Griffin Mill
Falkiners
The Japanese Paper Place
Bookinding-supplies
ABS Supplies Charnwood Books ZH DE Groot
Pergamena
Pastepaper Patterns – Claire Maziarczyk
Boekenmarkt
Conservation Resources
Ratchfords
Leather Conservation Centre
Tern Press Rampant Lions Press The Old Stile Press The Old School Press

Inky Parrot Press
Fleece Press
Wrights of Lymm
Christopher Rowlatt Marble paper
Louise Brockman Marble paper
Preservation Equipment Ltd Anonymous private donors

If you have any questions, please feel free to email us.

Best wishes

Stuart and Louise  Brockman
StuBrockman@xxxxxxx