From: Book_Arts-L [BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richard Kegler [richard@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 5:03 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Copyright

I tend to agree. There is no reproduction of copyrighted
work, just reselling. The rebinding is a "value-add" to
the work that has already been paid for. The additional
value is not the content or any alteration of it but
rather the binder's work. Think of it as an elaborate
repair job on a book that is not in need of repair. An
author would not receive additional royalties on a book
that is repaired. The thought of anyone even suggesting
litigating such a modification on grounds of copyright is
highly unlikely.

R Kegler

                 <http://www.philobiblon.com/bonefolder>