From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Maria Arango
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 4:24 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Copyright Question

Just a comment, in the case of artworks and according to The Practicing Law
Institute's "Art Law" (Lerner Bresner), the copyright protection extends to
"reproduction by any means, creation of derivative works, display or
distribution without explicit consent of the artist/creator" of the image.

The proposed project would be an obvious creation of a derivative work,
however I do not know if that interpretation would extend to copyright for
published books.

Maria

O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O
       Maria Arango