Re: [BKARTS] Brittle Kizukishi

If you have the same repair tissue and make your paste the same way, you should be able to duplicate everything and test it yourself. I would suspect that too thick of paste could make the paper appear to be brittle.
If you truly want a flexible mend, you might try mixing A4M Methyl Cellulose with the paste --- In fact, you might want to test that as well and see if it meets your needs.
Another experiment is to apply the paste (and any mixes) to a sheet of Mylar. After the adhesive dries, you can strip it from the Mylar and test the flexibility --- its worth it.
Good Luck,
Bill Minter