Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 22 Nov 2008 to 23 Nov 2008 (#2008-324)

Hello,

Has anyone ever put any type of sound insulating pad beneath a board shear
to prevent sound from traveling to a lower floor? I have a 45" Jacques shear
and am considering something like this, though I don't know how helpful it
would be. I know the office beneath my studio can hear me cutting,
especially when cutting larger quantities of book board. Any opinions much
appreciated.

Thank you,
Amy Borezo
www.shelterbookworks.com