Re: [BKARTS] Jacques Bd Shear - Sound insulation

Amy,
I don't think that a sound insulating pad with resolve the problem. I think that you need a vibration-damping mount to reduce the transfer. McMaster-Carr at www.mcmaster.com has various styles of vibration-damping mounts that are used for heavy machines similar to the board shear. Their catalog part number 6424K21 is rated at 500 lbs. per mount which I would think will work. They also have vibration-damping pads with a description and calculation chart on page 1352 of their newest (printed) catalog.
Good Luck
Bill Minter