[BKARTS] MATERNAL LEGENDS AT 23 SANDY GALLERY IN DECEMBER

Artist books will be featured in December at 23 Sandy Gallery in
Portland, Oregon. The national juried show, themed Maternal Legends
will hang December 5 through January 3.

Mothers, grandmothers, sisters, stories, histories, legends, legacies.
What did we learn from our mothers and their mothers and their
mothers? What are the stories that have been passed down through the
generations? How did the women in our family shape who we are today?
Artists around the world where inspired to explore and celebrate our
Maternal Legends through the magic of artist books. This exhibit
features book arts related artworks, created in editions or
one-of-a-kind. Artist books, sculptural books, book objects, altered
books, and broadsides are all included.

This exhibit was juried by Cara List, the Art and Art History
Librarian at the University of Oregon's Architecture and Allied Arts
Library. As the curator of the Artists' Book Collection, she teaches
extensively with artists' books.

One special book from this exhibition will be awarded a purchase
prize. This book, as selected by our juror, will be purchased by 23
Sandy Gallery and donated to the University of Oregon Artists' Book
Collection.

There will be a reception for the artists on First Friday, December 5
from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Gallery hours are Thursday-Saturday, Noon to 6:00 p.m.

For more information, contact Laura Russell, 503-927-4409 or
23sandygallery@xxxxxxxxx

Artists Included in the Show:

Alex, Appella, Cordoba, Argentina
Heidi, Atwood, Tuscaloosa, AL
Alisa, Banks, Dallas, TX
Catherine X. , Blank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Warren, Buss, Beaverton, OR
Malpina, Chan, Olympia, WA
Patricia, Cheyne, Portland, OR
Rosemary, Cohen, Salem, OR