Re: [BKARTS] book photography

If your books aren't that large, a cocoon would be best. You could use daylight balanced fluorescent bulbs from the home improvement store. It all depends on how much you really want to invest into it. You can DIY a cocoon out of PVC and Nylon from the fabric store or buy one.. it's all about the budget. If you'd like, you can email me directly with any questions... jim (at) karrphotography dot com

Jim

Marilyn Worrix wrote:
After trying, unsuccessfully, to get good digital photos of my books using standard lights and homemade back drops I am ready to invest in some decent equipment. I have a decent camera but would appreciate advise on what type of lighting equipment to purchase. Also, how about those fabric boxes that diffuse the light? Do they work? What types of lights are best with them? A couple of hours online reading about equipment has left me confused.
Thanks
Marilyn Worrix
McMinnville, Or

<http://www.philobiblon.com/bonefolder>