[BKARTS] Contemporary Impressions + Yuji Hiratsuka print

Hi printmakers, papermakers and book artists,

The American Print Alliance will be sending out the Fall-Winter issue of Contemporary Impressions in about a week, soon as it arrives from the printer. If you’re not a subscriber, you only have until December 8 to get the 2008 subscription price for this year’s two issues, the extra surprise political print by Art Hazelwood, and a gift print by Yuji Hiratsuka. The four-color etchings with chine collé show figures in Yuji’s distinctive style, joyfully going about their garden tasks; for a preview peek, go to www.PrintAlliance.org, select the Gallery and click on Alliance Prints. Or go to the journal index in the Library for a list of the essays, articles and interviews in each issue. This is an amazing deal for $37 or less - only $30 if you’re a member of one of our councils! You can send a check or use your credit card through PayPal, see our subscription form at http://www.printalliance.org/alliance/al_subform.html

If you are a subscriber and have moved during the year, please send your current mailing address right away to director@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Because the post office is no longer forwarding non-profit mail, if you later request a replacement copy because you didn’t update your address, we’ll have to charge you for another of the prints.

Please consider an end-of-year donation to the Alliance. In the midst of so many price increases (for paper, printing, postage, etc.), we are in desperate need of updating computer equipment and programs. We need volunteers, too, so if you can help locate venues for traveling exhibits, gather information, find funding or advertisers, or can post to our website in DreamWeaver (we especially need someone for a database, probably MySQL), do let me know. Your help will be much appreciated, and you can earn back-issues and prints.

All good wishes for a happy holiday with family and friends and for a healthy, happy and peaceful new year,
Carol

Dr. Carol Pulin, director
American Print Alliance, www.PrintAlliance.org
non-profit consortium of printmakers’ councils