Re: [BKARTS] professionally moving a press...

Carmela,
Here's a link to the move I made last spring with a hauler. Cost $200 to pick up from driveway of one bookbinder and deliver to driveway of my house/shop. Truck was overkill but he had another load he was doing that day so used his big truck.
http://cards.webshots.com/ecard/pickup/144686216yPEAuv
I had gotten his name from local letterpress people who knew he was careful.
Hope this helps,
Dave Allen

840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
(250)888-9380    http://www.Bookbinder.ca

carmela275@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello All,

Just a question to throw out there from those of you experienced in this......

Can
anyone chime in and let me know how much they've paid (or what they
think it might cost) to hire professional movers to move a press (a
vandercook) from one basement into  another?  I know that the basement
thing makes it more expensive.  Also, the press I'm looking at is just
in the next town over, so it's really close to me.  Just trying to get
some ideas, since I know that these presses weight about 1200 lbs,
correct?

Thanks!

<http://www.philobiblon.com/bonefolder>