Re: [BKARTS] professionally moving a press...

Here in Iowa City there is a great local company called Adamantine Spine that has moved a number of presses. One of them being my SP15 from the basement of my old house into another house with outside lower level access. The stairs were old and suspect, skids of 1 by 4's were used under the press and a device called a come-along which was attached to the truck outside was used to pull the press up the steps. It is a winch device which had also been used to lower the press down the stairs when it went in in the first place. The stairs were steep and narrow so it was impossible to fit people and press on the stairs at the same time. I can't say specifics of cost because it was part of my whole house move.
Emily

Emily Martin The Naughty Dog Press

251 Manchester Lane
Iowa City, IA 52245 USA
319 338-5741

http://www.emilymartin.com
emilyjmartin@xxxxxxxxx

The University of Iowa Center for the Book
emily-martin@xxxxxxxxx