From: Emily Martin <emilyjmartin@xxxxxxxxx>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 6:50:24 AM
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] professionally moving a press...

Here in Iowa City there is a great local company called Adamantine
Spine that has moved a number of presses. One of them being my SP15
from the basement of my old house into another house with outside
lower level access. The stairs were old and suspect, skids of 1 by 4's
were used under the press and a device called a come-along which was
attached to the truck outside was used to pull the press up the steps.
It is a winch device which had also been used to lower the press down
the stairs when it went in in the first place. The stairs were steep
and narrow so it was impossible to fit people and press on the stairs
at the same time. I can't say specifics of cost because it was part of
my whole house move.
Emily

Emily Martin
The Naughty Dog Press

251 Manchester Lane
Iowa City, IA 52245 USA
319 338-5741

http://www.emilymartin.com
emilyjmartin@xxxxxxxxx

The University of Iowa Center for the Book
emily-martin@xxxxxxxxx

                 <http://www.philobiblon.com/bonefolder>