Re: [BKARTS] ANNUAL PRESS SALE AT ARNOLD GRUMMER WITH NEW NIPPING PRESS

This is really beautiful. Makes me wish I did not already have a press.

Quoting "Peter D. Verheyen" <verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Arnold Grummer is pleased to announce its 2008 annual press sale.

Featured new product is the QuikNip 405.

The QuikNip Press is designed for book making, developed in
consultation with Peter Verheyen (in the interests of full
disclosure), a professional bookbinder and conservator in Syracuse,
NY.

Dimensions are geared for casing-in (joining of cover to textblock),
pressing of signatures before sewing, and pressing after gluing up of
spine.

Workspace: 11.5 x 16 inches between the posts.
Daylight: 4 inches as shipped, 16 inches using interchangeable
extension rods (included and can easily be cut down to desired/needed
length). screw travel length remains unchanged.

The press is hand crafted, fully assembled baltic birch frame with
center screw has padded, scratch-free base. Maintenance free, weighs
21 lbs, made in the USA.

405 QUIKNIP Press,
<http://www.arnoldgrummer.com/product/presses/productDetails.cfm?prod_id=456>
ANNUAL SALE, good through January 31, 2009: $375
2009 list: $449

Their other two classic presses are also on sale:

400 STANDARD Press,
<http://www.arnoldgrummer.com/product/presses/productDetails.cfm?prod_id=147>
ANNUAL SALE: $225
2009 list: $325, 2008 list: $279

402 LARGE Press,
<http://www.arnoldgrummer.com/product/presses/productDetails.cfm?prod_id=148>
ANNUAL SALE: $275
2009 list: $349, 2008 list: $315

FREE SHIPPING in the lower 48.

TO ORDER CLICK ON THE LINKS NEXT TO EACH PRESS.

The QuikNip, like all of Arnold Grummer's presses, is aesthetically
pleasing, yet robust and proven to hold up well in daily use with
students and staff in the Syracuse University Library's Department of
Preservation and Conservation. I highly recommend it, and not just
because I helped develop it. It'll be great for students, amateurs,
workshop situations, and with professionals as an additional press,
because one can never have enough.

Peter

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC