Re: [BKARTS] folio and quarto volume questions

Frank's explanation is sound. Booksellers use "average" sizes to denote 8vo,
4to, etc. to give a general idea of size when listing (with full
understanding that these are somewhat arbitrary terms). An excellent tool
that I keep on my desk when listing is the "Bibliophile's Bookruler"
available from Main Street Fine Books & Manuscripts in Galena, IL:
http://msfb.wcinet.com/Products.cfm
This is a well made item, reasonably accurate (within the parameters of the
above caveat), 18 inches long and also makes an excellent back-scratcher
when needed.

Lee

Lee Kirk

The Prints & The Paper