Re: [BKARTS] Etsy?

Carol Es wrote:
Has anyone tried to sell their artists' books on Etsy? I just set up a page
with my new book on it and am wondering if it was even a good idea.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18384540

I have set up a store, and I've joined a bookbinding group there (B.E.S.T), but I haven't listed anythig yet (just because I've been too busy).

From what I can see, they do seem to sell. If you look at teh stores, and view their stock, you can see how many sales there have been. Having said that, though, it doesn't tell you the sale price, or the date. You can glean a little info about the period in which they were sold, though, by looking at the date on which the store was opened.

Some seem to sell a lot, some very few... but then, the quality and prices differ enormously, as does the amount of stock in each person's store.

I'd recommend joining BEST and asking some of the members there:

http://etsybooks.blogspot.com/

Cheers,

Scott.