Re: [BKARTS] Etsy?

i also sell on etsy, and coincidentally, i am also on the BESTbooks
team. (^_^) i think like any online venue, your returns will be
proportional to the amount of time and advertising effort you can put
into it. i do think many of us probably do underprice ourselves,
although i know etsy does support many stores that overprice their
goods, too, so i'm not sure too many conclusions can be drawn there. i
would say it's most worth it for people with a lot of time to devote
to advertising, or for people who already have a customer base.

having said all that, i've had a very good etsy experience. i'm hardly
a professional bookbinder, but i've learned a ton, both about
bookbinding in general and about running a shop. i would say try it
out for a while before you pass judgement on it, i know it took me
about six months before i had my first sale.

~meredeth.
http://yatsu.etsy.com