From: Roberta Lavadour [mailto:paper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 10:09 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Etsy?

I'm thinking there's a way to blend the guild idea and Etsy...

There is a group of Ebay sellers (of course, the name isn't coming to me
right now, but I'm thinking it's a play on Museum of Modern Art...) that
juries in the artists who are able to use their umbrella name. The artists
have built a reputation and are well-positioned in the online community, and

buyers trust the quality of the work and seek them out. The prices tend to
be mid to high. In the sea of Etsy sellers, it would give a buyer a term to
search by that would narrow the results down to only those binders/artists
recognized by their peers.

Great project for someone to take on!

all the best,
Roberta