Re: [BKARTS] Etsy?

Graham,

I've found that mainly, Etsy is simpler for small sellers who don't have the time or money to set up, maintain and pay for their own domain, credit card processing fees etc. Etsy does all that for you, and for small fees which are very reasonable for people only wishing to list a few items. I can spend most of my energy advertising and promoting and marketing (and printing!), instead of running a complete business which I personally know nothing about. :)

I do want my own website so that I don't have to rely on Etsy, abide by their rules and regulations and so that I have complete control over what I sell, but right now I'm not selling a lot and just plain can't afford the cost of a stand-alone website.

I'm sure others have reasons like, the community pages are very helpful, there are groups to join to promote your work as a group effort and organise physical shows etc.

For the curious: lockandkeypress.etsy.com (many new listings this week!)

J.