As one interested in book clasps and book furniture, I found this article most interesting.

Joycelyn Merchant
www.bookclasp.com

On Dec 13, 2008, at 11:00 PM, BOOK_ARTS-L automatic digest system wrote:

Date:    Sat, 13 Dec 2008 09:07:21 -0500
From:    Matthew Murphy <matthewjmurphy1@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: modern techniques

Florian,

the webmaster (listmaster?) of this list, Peter Verheyen, has an
excellent list of binding tutorials on his website:

http://www.philobiblon.com/tutorials.shtml

Someone also posted an excellent article on Latvian metal bindings a little
while ago on this listserv:

http://www.princeton.edu/~milevski/LBH242.2_05.pdf<http://www.princeton.edu/%7Emilevski/LBH242.2_05.pdf >

Granted, these metal bindings are by no means modern, nor is this article a
tutorial, but it could be used for inspiration to do a modern spin on an old
idea. Cheers!

-Matt