From: Transient Books <erzike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 12:29:34 PM
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Etsy?

Two cents.
After years of "putting up with" eBay, I am thrilled with Etsy's interface. For me, eBay's fees are much higher, and all the nickel and diming gets tedious. The eBay interface is too unwieldy and giant. It's too hard to do anything quickly.
Etsy is quick, straight forward. The fees are simple. Overall, just a lot less running around. I have stores on both sights, and dread when I have to update the eBay store. Time consuming. Etsy has figured out how to make the whole process shorter, and clearer.
But since both places lead to sales, I keep both up and running. Ebay isn't worth it (for me) for the artist's books, but definitely worth it for the blank journals. The artist's books on Etsy get a surprising amount of traffic.
Alex Appella
www.transientbooks.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "David & Mary Jane Henley" <maryjanehenley@xxxxxxx>