Re: [BKARTS] mimeograph machine

Hi Emily -

I've purchased mimeograph and spirit duplicator supplies from
http://www.repeatotype.com/mimeo.html
in New York.

Lots of people use "mimeograph" to refer to both processes - visit with the guys there to make sure you get just what you need.

You can still find small wax stencils that they make for marking shipping boxes - you can sometimes find them on ebay (Weber Marking Systems). For use on a large mimeo you might be able to make windows in copier transparency or tympan paper.

There are also those new computer driven paper cutters on the market that crafters use that might be good for cutting stencils. They're the size of a laser printer, but like a little plotter that cuts paper, vinyl, etc. One of the artists we work with has one at home and uses it for all sorts of stuff. This isn't the brand she has (gotta love the butterfly on the side!), but it's the same idea... http://www.pazzles.com/ .

The thing I've found is that it's fun to get a machine running, but in terms of the output...after a LOT of futzing around to get it right, it looks JUST like a photocopy. Woohoo..? Also the ink is pretty nasty stuff. Personally, I find the spirit duplicators and hectographs are more fun and accessible.

all the best,
Roberta

Roberta Lavadour - Pendleton, OR
Mission Creek Press  -  Desultory Press
http://www.missioncreekpress.com

I have found a mimeograph machine for sale and I wonder if anyone on the
list has information about where to purchase supplies for them, specifically
the stencils and paper. Any information on a good informational resource
would also be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Emily