[BKARTS] Looking for: Joe Hillis in Chicago?

Hello All,

A few years ago (about 5), before I started printing myself, I was
referred to a man who did letterpress printing.  His name was Joe
Hillis.  I wanted a design I created for our Christmas cards printed
letterpress.  He was on the south side of Chicago, probably in his late
70s and had a grown daughter named Linda who helped with the business.
This had been his profession--he ran his print shop out of his
basement.  He printed my Christmas cards for me (no deep impression--he
refused!)and they were beautiful.  I ended up driving all the way to
his home to pick up the cards, about an hour away, and I was pregnant
at the time.  This man could not have been sweeter.  He showed me all
the books he had printed as well as his basement full of printing
equipment and him and his daughter insisted I stay for dinner since I
had driven so far.  Anyway, I've never forgotten him and I'm trying to
get in touch with him now and have lost his contact info from 5 years
ago.  Has anyone heard of this man?  I will post this on Briarpress as
well, so sorry if you end up seeing this twice!

Thanks!
Carmela