[BKARTS] Goudy Lecture and Workshop CA

We now have more details about the upcoming Goudy Lecture at Scripps College in January. If you would like a pdf file with more details than the message below, please contact Kitty Maryatt at kmaryatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and we can send you the file right away. The brochures will be mailed out on Tuesday to our mailing list. If you would like to be added to the snail mail list, please send us your mailing address.

The next Frederic W. Goudy Lecture will be held on Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. in the Humanities Auditorium at Scripps College in Claremont, California. We are very pleased to announce that Ron King of Circle Press and artist Sam Winston will give a joint lecture. The lecture is sponsored by the Scripps College Press and is supported additionally by Harper Lecture funds from the Dean of Faculty. Sam Winston along with Ron King will also give a two-day workshop at the Press on January 24-25 from 9:30 to 4:30.

Artist Ron King formed the Circle Press in England in 1967 and has worked with over 100 artists and poets, one of whom is Sam Winston. Both Ron King and Sam Winston were featured in the recent exhibit at the Williamson Gallery at Scripps College, Performing the Book.

An exhibit of Scripps College Press books made from 1986 to 2008 will be on display at the Clark Humanities Museum at Scripps College entitled Pushing the Envelope: The Scripps College Press since 1986. The exhibit will run from January 20, 2009 to February 6, 2009. The opening reception will be held at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, January 24, to coordinate with the Goudy Lecture in the evening.

Please visit www.scrippscollege.edu/campus/press for further information, or contact Kitty Maryatt, Director of the Scripps College Press at kmaryatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx