[BKARTS] 1994 Haystack Workshop

In 1994 at Haystack Mountain School of Crafts in Deer Isle,
Maine, Bernie Vinzani and Katie MacGregor  taught paper making
in one studio, as Walter Tisdale with Claire Van Vliet taught book
forms in the next. It was a demanding dual workshop.

Bernie, Kate and Walter were available, professional and good
humored. I still treasure the beautiful papers we made in that
workshop, along with the two miniature volumes of book forms,
many of which none of us could ever have accomplished without
Walter's clear, patient instruction.

In a later Haystack book arts workshop,  loosey-goosey paper
making technique were taught, which while great fun, made me
realize what a rare opportunity I had studying with Vinzano and
MacGregor. Their papers testify to that!

And yes,  Steve is correct, they ARE "the best that can be found
in Book Arts."

<<From:    Steve Miller <steve@xxxxxx>
Subject: Three Maine Book Artists

Dear Folks
I was in Maine recently and had an opportunity to interview three
amazing book people--papermakers, letterpress printers and
educators Bernie Vinzani, Katie MacGregor, and Walter Tisdale.
These interviews are available for free by going to iTunes and
subscribing to the podcast BOOK ARTISTS AND POETS, or by
going to our website and  listening to them on your computer.
These people remind me of all of the best that can be found in
Book Arts. Happy holidays. Steve Miller >>
																Cheers,
Alice
ALICE SIMPSON
CLAY & BOOKS