Re: [BKARTS] headbands?

I've got a pile of reclaimed endband cloth from rebinds where the original wasn't necessary. I haven't found a suitable modern fabric, though once in a while there is a wacky example. Probably a binder running out of the regular. Most endband cloth though was printed pin stripes. A few things I have found:
1. Stripes were typically pinstripes on a white fabric.
2. If the striping was wider, it only rarely is wider than the background white.
3. Most of the fabric appears to be cotton, though some appear to be linen.
4. Most common color I have found is blue, but red and black are common, and then brown/burgundy.
5. Rarely is it anything other than a single stripe.
6. I can't recall ever seeing a green striped endband. Anybody have an example?

I have looked for new cloth that falls generally into this description but haven't had any luck. I purchased some from Bookmakers once upon a time and still have some of that, but it wasn't quite to my liking since the stripe was equal in width to the background white. But it's easy.

Let's not forget the early 19th Century paper endbands. Marbled and rag are both commonly used, and these are very easy to make.

Vernon Wiering