[BKARTS] two too technical questions

A bookdealer was about to throw out two copies of a 17th century French book, "Traité des Superstitions." The covers of the books had disintegrated. However, I have the skills to make these into beautiful little items. The textblocks, as is common in books of this period, are of rag paper and have survived very well. The books are small, and the type faces required for hotstamping the titles are 8 and 10 point. I have complete sets of appropriate type. However, I lack the acute accented E.
Is there a way of approximating the acute accent using ordinary type?
Another question: the edges of the textblock had been painted with a rust pigment. I am using Armenian bole tempered with glaire to reproduce this effect. Any comments on this?
Thanks.