Re: [BKARTS] how little? how much?

What are you getting at and proposing? I think the issue is far more complex than outlined in your post on many levels. In terms of GBW it is but a small and increasingly diverse group, much like this large and diverse group.

So, let's try this one again shall we?

Cheers, p.

Do bookworkers, in particular, those involved in the restoration of books, live in a never-never land, when few institutions possessing rare books can avail themselves of any of our expert services? Are we collaborating with the enemy when we do only a serviceable rebinding of a book? If that is so, it is not clear what the massive accumulated knowledge possessed by the membership of GBW and by those correspondents on this list can significantly accomplish.

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC
<verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://www.philobiblon.com/bonefolder>