[BKARTS] Gauze... I'm stupid????

OK.. Stupid me? What's the difference between say, Gauze you buy for medical use and book binding? They are both 100% cotton, correct? So, can I use the medical (even though it's been sterilized which will make no difference) for supporting the spine of a book?????? I don't see any for sale on Talas... so, uhm... where do I get the book binding kind, and I'm assuming it maybe comes in rolls???

Thanks!

Jim