[BKARTS] PAPER MILL FOR SALE

PAPER MILL FOR SALE

I have been making paper for 20 years, have built up a bit of business and am looking for someone who is interested in taking over.  One could either continue focusing on large sheet production, or grow into an invitation company with design and letterpress services, or grow in any number of different directions depending on interests. Please contact me at langdellpaper@xxxxxxxxxxx for more information.

Established in 1989, the mill is one of the largest producers of decorative handmade paper in the country. The paper produced is marketed to service the invitation and design community.  Varieties include florals, botanicals, striped, embossed, luster, recycled, organic, and plain papers. The mill has developed long-term relationships with existing businesses and has also worked collaboratively with customers in the creation of new papers. Annual new paper sample mailings have been successful in maintaining a strong customer base.

The full line of about 100 papers is currently carried by New York Central Art Supply. Also, the Crane Paper Museum in Dalton, MA featured all of our papers in a season long exhibit. We have participated annually in the National Stationery Show in New York City and our paper has been featured in numerous magazines including Vermont Life, Vermont Magazine, Mountain Living, and American Artist.

This business could operate in either a rural non-retail setting (anywhere UPS delivers) or in a more commercial/retail venue where it could augment invitation design and letterpress services.

Included with purchase:
*	Nationwide wholesale customer base of stores, manufacturers, and design firms plus extensive mailing lists.
*	Recipes, inventory of supplies, contacts, brand name, and base inventory of approx. 9,000 sheets of paper
*	Equipment: A complete papermaking studio including 100 ton hydraulic press, 5# beater, vats, moulds (2-19"x25", 2- 22"x30", 1- 30"x40", and many other assorted sizes).  A large quantity and variety of felts, 10 drying boxes, drying rack, shelving, barrels, hydraulic couching table, bales of various grades of cotton, several hundred pounds of flower petals and other botanicals, powdered mica, metal leaf, commercial dehumidifier, embossing plates,  and various other items.
*	Brand new updated website
*	Consultation and/or training with current owner available for a negotiated period of time