[BKARTS] another Kutrimmer question

I've recently cut many, many pieces of museum board with my Kutrimmer 1071. It seems to have "tightened up" in the process, so that the blade rubs more when it is lowered and sticks a little when I raise it. At first I thought it was dirty or just needed some kind of lubrication. I've cleaned it and even tried bee's wax (very bad idea - the blade got dirtier and stickier!).

Now I'm thinking that all the use in a short period of time has made the 2 nuts "self-tighten" at the back blade hinge. (Is that possible?) I'm reluctant to mess with them without input from other users who have tried adjusting those nuts.

I'd appreciate any ideas about how to make my Kutrimmer operate more smoothly like it did before the serious workout.

Thanks!

Mary Jane