Re: [BKARTS] Questions about methyl cellulose

I will suggest that a good policy for your financial well being is to shop
for things via the web to find pricing. Then you can decide if you want to
order via the web or by telephone.  My website as well as others list many
suppliers' web sites, in my case I have bought from most, if not all of
those listed.

Regards,

John MacKrell
---
Ann Arbor, Michigan
(734) 604-0992
www.johnmackrell.com

> From: Marguerite Radhakrishnan <marguerite@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 14:00:15 -0600
> To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Questions about methyl cellulose
>
> This might be useful information -- are there other items that it
> would be better to know the ultimate source for?  What other things
> that we might all be buying would be one step cheaper if we bought
> them from Talas?
>
> Inquiring minds want to know,
>
> --Marguerite Radhakrishnan
>
>> On Jan 5, 2009, at 8:37 AM, Aaron Salik wrote:
>>
>>> Not that it's terribly relevant but just so you know the ultimate source
>>> for
>>> what you are purchasing and possibly avoiding testing multiple vendors
>>> products, Lineco buys their Methyl Cellulose from us.  They then repackage
>>> it into those fancy little jars with nice advertising and sell it for
>>> about
>>> 5x the price.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Aaron Salik