Re: [BKARTS] question about paper cutter

The Kutrimmer may be good for cutting paper only-I don't think that Kutrimmers are good for cutting book board. You should probably use a board shear.

There are professional knife (that's what the pros call the blades for large paper cutters) sharpeners for the graphic arts industry. Call a bindery in your area and they should be able to direct you to a pro that they use. You will need to send the cutting edge along with your blade so they can be ground down the same amount. I'm not sure exactly how they do it, but I do know they need both the blade and the cutting edge. This may solve your problem.

Brad Freeman

http://www.journalofartistsbooks.org