[BKARTS] workshops in Forest Grove, Oregon

Just in time to celebrate the new year, Green Heron Book Arts welcomes
Jacqueline Sullivan for two very special classes

Collaged Sculptural Meander book with Handpainted Papers
Saturday, January 31 and Sunday, February 1, 2009, a 2 day class
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
$180 plus $15 materials fee
This is a new take on a common book structure. By creating this book with
heavy book board, it becomes a sculpture as well as a book!    Our book will be
made from small collages, created with our own hand painted papers. The first
day of class, students will paint tissue paper, using various acrylic
techniques. These papers will then be mounted on our book board, creating collages that
will form our sculptural books. This is a great book for displaying photos or
short quotations. It can be changed to display different pages for different
days or seasons!

The Geisha Gallery Book with Secret Shrine
Monday, February 2, 2009, a 1 day class
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
$90 plus $15 materials fee
This unique book is hidden   behind a canvas cover!   The canvas is stenciled
and textured with acrylic media. The gallery book is then built from our own
paste papers and glued to the back of the canvas.   Pictures can be viewed
through the cut outs in the first layer of the gallery book. The back side of the
canvas is finished with acrylic media and the canvas frame forms the “cubby”
for the hidden shrine!   The book makes a great decorative   and interesting
show piece from your home! My sample shows Geisha images, but your could
showcase family photos or mini collages!

To register contact:
Green Heron Book Arts at
503-357-7263
pagrass@xxxxxxx
* Both class sizes limited to only 8 participants

New year...new
news.  Be the first to know what is making headlines.
(http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000026)