[BKARTS] Glue-paste mixes

I am researching the uses in book conservation of mixtures of glues (hide,
PVA, etc.) and pastes (rice starch, methyl cellulose, etc.) in book
conservation.  I would like to hear observations from your experiences
(mixture contents and proportions, uses, problems and issues...) as well as
references to papers and articles on this topic that may prove useful to
book conservators.

Thank you for your help and wisdom.

Regards,

John MacKrell