Re: [BKARTS] Talas 12th Edition Catalog

Aaron, I hope I speak for the greater portion of the Listserve in stating that all that you have contributed to the Community as a whole over the years should exempt you from any need to apologize for the format of your catalogue.
I downloaded the pdf and it does speed up server time in browsing the details.
I'm a print guy at heart and will request a hard copy when I place my next order - which will be soon.
The new pdf looks great and I look forward to the print version.
All the best for 2009
Yours sincerely
Brian Maloney
Bookbinder/Conservator
B4 Restoration
Toronto

Dear Alan,

I feel like I offended you in some way by stating that we have a catalog
available, and if I did then I am sorry.  I am also sorry if you find the
file size of our catalog objectionable, but I am not sure it can be any
smaller in size given that it is 220 pages with color and pictures, and
meant to be downloaded for print.

Our putting it up on our web site was certainly not to rub it in the faces
of those on dial-up, but to make it more easily obtainable for those that
are overseas, or that are unfamiliar with our company and wish to download a
copy of our catalog straight from our web site.  I think this is fairly
common practice for companies that publish a catalog to do this.

That being said even the company that built and hosts our web site told me
when I first found them that we will never replace a print catalog as people
can't take the web site with them to the bathroom.  Of course laptops have
changed that statement a bit, but the point is still the same.  It's for
this reason that we invest tens of thousands of dollars on a printed version
of the catalog, and we would be more than happy to send one to you with your
next order.

Regards,
Aaron

Talas