Re: [BKARTS] sewing

On Jan 9, 2009, at 9:26 PM, Peter D. Verheyen wrote:

Gets twisted into knots; caught on buttons, shoes, furniture, the cat, ...; gets worn out and shabby; tears the paper as it gets caught on something while pulling through... I could go on.

oh, so it's not just me being a klutz- after the second time- I put it away, totally disgusted.

My absolute favorite binding (the one I recommend to all my students) for basic traditional binding is Books, Boxes, and Portfolios by Zeier. Really clear instructions that don't assume the student has much equipment. The materials handling section at the front is also excellent.

I suspect you mean Book on Binding- thanks for this. Sadly, I too am on dial-up-too rural, no choice. So youtube is not possible - takes about 45 minutes to download 5 minutes.

thanks,

Freda